ANMC’s Laboratory is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and provides diagnostic services and inpatient phlebotomy services. ANMC’s pathology services include general diagnostic services in adult and pediatric surgical pathology, in addition to autopsy pathology. As ANMC’s facility is the only surgical pathology facility within the Alaska Tribal Health System, it renders tissue diagnoses on specimens collected from across the state.
The College of American Pathologists and the American Association of Blood Banks accredit ANMC’s Laboratory and Pathology Department. These accreditations that are considered the gold standard for hospital laboratories across the country and indicate a level of quality and patient safety that sets ANMC apart from the majority of hospitals.
The work of ANMC’s Laboratory and Pathology Department involves more than ANMC patients. The department also receives laboratory testing from across the state, serving all of the Alaska Tribal Health System (ATHS) partners. In addition, ANMC’s Laboratory and Pathology director, manager, and supervisors travel to rural Alaska to support laboratories within the ATHS. This support helps to ensure standardized testing, effective communication of results, and continuity of care for all of our patients across the system.
- ANMC Lab Test Requirements [PDF]
- ANMC Lab Field Requisition [PDF]
- ANMC Lab Body Fluid and CSF Normal Values [PDF]
- ANMC Lab In-House Drugs of Abuse Urine Toxicology Screening Panel Info [PDF]
Covid -19 Testing platform EUA Fact sheets
- Cepheid SARS-COV-2 patient fact sheet
- Cepheid SARS-COV-2 health care providers fact sheet
- Cepheid Multiplex patient fact sheet
- Cepheid Multiplex health care provider fact sheet
- ID NOW COVID-19 patient fact sheet
- ID NOW COVID-19 health care provider fact sheet
- Abbott m2000 SARS-CoV-2 patient fact sheet
- Abbott m2000 SARS-CoV-2 health care provider fact sheet
- Hologic Aptima patient fact sheet
- Hologic Aptima health care provider fact sheet