- Primary Care
- Cleft Lip and Palate Program
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Emergency & Trauma
- Pain Management
- Internal Medicine Clinic
- Oncology & Hematology Clinic
- Palliative Care
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- ANMC Notice of Privacy Practices
- + All Services
The ANMC Nephrology Clinic specializes in providing a full range of nephrology services including:
- Management of chronic kidney disease
- Management of acute kidney injury
- Preparation for dialysis
- Management of resistant hypertension
- Evaluation of proteinuria
- Kidney stone prevention
- Assistance with kidney transplant referral, qualification, and after care
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take me to be seen?
Once a complete referral is received from your primary care provider, you’ll be called to schedule an initial visit with Nephrology within two weeks. Typically, we are able to see new patients within three to four weeks of receiving the referral for routine care.
Do I need an escort?
Unless your mobility is greatly diminished or other extenuating circumstances are present, you will not need an escort for your initial visit with our nephrologists. If you are scheduled for a kidney biopsy, we will request you bring an escort.
Where is the Nephrology Clinic located?
We are on the third floor of the Healthy Communities Building, 3900 Ambassador Drive, within the Internal Medicine Clinic, located southwest from the ANMC hospital.
Why are new labs needed before every visit?
Blood and urine tests provide our nephrologists with vital information on your blood cell counts and chemistry that enables them to accurately diagnose and treat kidney disease and adjust medications properly. We generally need recent labs done within a week of the clinic visit.
- National Institute of Health: National Kidney Disease Education Program
- Virginia Mason Kidney Transplant Center
If you require outpatient dialysis, at this time we are referring patients outside ANMC to provide these services. Here are a few providers who we may request to assist with your care:
- Premier Vascular and Vein of Alaska
- Nephrology and Hypertension Associates of Alaska
- Kidney and Hypertension Clinic of Alaska
- Aurora Kidney LLC
- Liberty Dialysis
- Fresenius Dialysis
Clinic Hours and Contact InformationHours: 8 a.m.- 5 p.m., Monday-Friday
Phone: (907) 729-1560 or 1-800- 655-4837
Location: Healthy Communities Building
3900 Ambassador Drive, third floor